Before searching for best home remedies for shoulder pain, you should remember that any chronic o serious shoulder pain, let’s go to see the doctor right away.
Shoulder pain can happen in muscles, tendons, ligaments or around and in the shoulder. When it begins hurting, you might feel focus on anything.
Shoulder pain does not spare anyone else, but, for those using tablets, smartphones, laptops for such a long time, they are more prone to this matter.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is caused by many factors. However, the most common cause is the injury in soft tissues, such as ligaments, shoulder, tendons and muscles. Besides, this can be owing to the overuse or repetitive use injury.
The pain, sometimes, is trigger by server kinds of injury to the bicep or the neck. The other can be bursitis, bone spurs, arthritis, torn cartilage, spinal cord injury and frozen shoulder injury. In fact, there are some typical health disease which can become a contributor to this problem, including cervical spine in your neck, heart, liver and gallbladder issue.
Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
When it comes to shoulder pain, you can witness some symptoms, consisting of swelling and difficulties in moving shoulder as well as tenderness surrounding the joint.
Minor shoulder pain can be treated well at home. Nevertheless, you are highly recommended to consult the doctor.
Following are best home remedies for shoulder pain:
- Cold Compress
One of the most effective treatments for shoulder pain is cold compress. It is due to the cold temperature that aids in numbing your affected area, thereby reducing inflammation as well as pain.
How to apply:
- Place several ice cubes into a plastic bag
- Wrap this bag in a cloth
- Rub it over your affected area and leave it for 15 minutes
- Perform the same process a couple of times per day for some days.
You should not apply ice cubes directly to your skin because it can easily lead to frostbite.
- Epsom Salt Bath
Another powerful treatments for shoulder pain is Epsom salt bath. As you might not know about, Epsom salt is made of magnesium sulfate which can successfully ease the symptoms of shoulder pain. It assists in improving the blood circulation as well as relaxing your stressed shoulder muscles. In addition, it can alleviate stress from your body.
How to apply:
- Have the bathtub filled with warm water
- Mix it with two cups of the salt before stirring carefully
- Dip your affected shoulder in the water and wait for 25 minutes
- Perform the same process for thrice per week
When it comes to home remedies for shoulder pain, do not forget turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin which is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects that help quickly ease pain as well as swelling.
How to apply:
- Add about two teaspoons of turmeric powder with a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Apply the paste to your affected muscle areas and let them dry
- Wash it off with clean and warm water
- Re-apply the treatment two times per day until your condition gets significantly improved.
If you are taking blood thinning medicine, you need to stop taking in excessive turmeric.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is among top list of home cure for shoulder pain. Thanks to its package of alkalizing and anti-inflammatory properties, like other ingredients, apple cider vinegar is beneficial for treating pain and reducing inflammation.
How to apply:
- Place two glasses if apple vider vinegar into your bathtub full of warm water
- Dip your affected area in this mixture and leave it on for 30 minutes
- Perform the same process only once for a couple of days.
Ginger is loaded with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects which aid in reducing pain and thereby, alleviating inflammation as well as shoulder pain. It can also enhance your blood circulation promoting your healing.
All you need to do is before taking any ginger supplements, consult your doctor first.
You can opt for consuming from two to three cups of the ginger tea per day as well. In order to make ginger tea, you need to simmer a teaspoon of sliced ginger in a half cup of water and wait for 15 minutes. To enhance the flavor, add some honey.