If you are one of those who are facing the Windows 10 update error 0x80242006, then this blog by BloggingCoffe is for you. As in this piece of content, we’re going to talk about this grating update error and let you know to fix it with simple steps. Thus, keep reading this blog to know all fixes. Similarly, any other Windows update error, 0x80242006 also hits when users attempting to install the key rolled out by Microsoft.
After the comprehensive analysis, our team came to identify that this error doesn’t only cause while installing updates but also when users turned back the built updates. This error code normally seems because of the Windows Defender irreconcilability or immobile BITS service. According to computer professionals, the damaged database of Windows Defender is the derivation cause of this error.
However, you can fix the update error code 0x80242006 by putting on the below-given solutions one by one and expectantly these solutions will function for you to install the accessible updates again without any error. Thus, let’s start applying the given solutions cautiously.
1. Start BITS manually to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80242006
As stopped BITS service is one of the main aspects for this error on the Windows 10 computer, hence you should start this service by yourself. You can ensure this with these steps:
- Go to Cortana and enters services.msc command on the Cortana text field and do a Click on the Services.
- After opening the Services Window, you should find the “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” (BITS) service.
- Now, do a Double-click on the BITS, you will get a dialog box showing several options.
- Do a Click on the Start. At last, click on the Apply and then OK; this will begin the BITS manually.
After it, attempt to install the available update on your Windows system and check for the error 0x80242006.
It is expected that after applying the aforementioned points, you should evade this stop error code finally.
2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you are facing Windows 10 error 0x80242006, then you should run Windows Update Troubleshooter once. This troubleshooter will assist your system to discard this error by fixing the corrupted database.
- Press the Windows + I key to open up the Windows Settings
- From this window, move to the icon Update & Security
- Do a Click on the Troubleshoot option on the left sidebar
- Go to the Windows Update section, then do a Click on the Run the troubleshooter button
This windows troubleshooter will examine the whole system and it wholly fixes the corrupted database.
3. Deactivate Windows Defender
It is already debated that most of the error code seems owing to the Windows Defender. Thus, we will attempt to update our system after deactivating the Windows Defender. Put on the below-given steps one by one to ensure so:
- Move to the Windows Search box -> enter gpedit.msc on Cortana and press the Enter key
- After it, direct to the below-given path on the left sidebar of Local Group Policy Editor
- Go to the consistent right side, find and do a Double-Click on the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus
- Another window will come out, from here choose Enabled -> press Ok and then Apply to save these changes
After this scheme is applied, you can update your windows smoothly and fix error 0x80242006 in Windows 10.
4. Use Group Editor to Address Windows Update
- Open the Run dialogue box by Windows + R key
- Enter gpedit.msc on Run box, then press the Enter key
- Select the Computer Configuration and do a Click on the Administrative Templates
- Open the System and then do a Double-click on the settings for optional component installation and component repair
- Select the Enabled and tick the checkbox present with the Contact Windows Update
- Save the changes by Ok then Apply
5. Go with the Command Prompt
- Open up the Command prompt with the admin
- To execute this, do a Right-Click on the Windows Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)
- After opening the Command Prompt window, copy and paste the following commands one after another. Press the enter key after each of the commands
- After accomplishing thee commands one after another, close the Command window and restart your PC
- download and install the Windows 10 update; it is expected that your system is wholly error-free
6. Rearrange Windows Update Cache
If the Windows update cache has cracked package, then you are expected to meet the Windows Update Error Code 0x80242006. Though you can simply fix this issue by resetting the Windows update cache.
To execute so, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + X key and choose the Command Prompt (Admin)
- In the Command Prompt, enter the given commands and press Enter key after each one
- Lastly, close the Command Prompt and reboot the Windows update process to confirm if the issue is fixed or not
7. Rename the Windows Update Folder
The next method you can resolve this update issue is to retitle the Windows update folder and to execute so, follow the given directions:
- Open Notepad on your system
- Write down these commands
- Do a Click on the File tab and select Save As
- Name the Notepad file as rename.bat, then do a Click on Save button
- Go to this notepad file and do a Right-click on it, then choose the Run as administrator alternative from the menu.
8. Reset the Windows Update Components
Many of the affected users fixed this Windows 10 error code 0x80242006 by resetting the Windows Update components. Thus, you should try this if none of the fixes assisted you so far. Follow these steps, to execute this:
- Do a Right-click on the Windows Start button and click on the Command Prompt (Admin)
- In Command Prompt, accomplish the given commands and don’t manage to press the Enter key after each command
- After this, enter the following commands and press the Enter after each command
- Finally, close the Command Prompt and reboot your system
So, these are some of the best working solutions affected users applied to fix the Windows 10 update error 0x80242006. Hereafter, these fixes should work in your case also.
And, these solutions are simple to execute and one doesn’t need to have previous technical knowledge.